Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

My Cookies Recipes From a Boxed Cake Mix

I got this off the Internet and tried it and it was good. It is just the basic recipe. I wanted to give it a try before I shared it with you. I found it quite easy and you could make all kinds of cookies from all kinds of flavored cake mixes.

I also found the consistency thick enough that you could even make rolled or cut cookies from the mix recipe. They didn't come out like little cakes, but like real cookies that were made from a cookie mix.

I did a little bit of experimenting with a Spice Cake Mix and added some raisins. They are very good. I am not sure if my oven was too hot (I used the temperature they suggested) or what, because the edges came out a little browner than I would have liked. They are still good though.  They weren't burnt.

I am going to experiment some more with other flavors of cake mixes and adding other ingredients, like chocolate chips, nuts, dried cherries or even dried cranberries and other yummy things. The possibilities are almost endless!

Cake Mix Cookie Recipes 

Basic** Cake Mix Cookies


1 Box of Cake Mix

2 Eggs

1/2 Cup of Oil

2 Tbsp Water for a hard cookie,  **Add 1/4 Teaspoon more if you want a softer cookie

Directions:

Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees. Cool on backing sheet for about 1 minute and then transfer them to cooling rack.

Makes about 18 cookies, depending on how big you make yours.



Chocolate Kahlua Coconut Cookies


This is a variation on the original cookie. I used a Chocolate Cake Mix.

I used 1/4 cup (One Stick) warm Butter instead of the Vegetable Oil 
and added it after mixing in the eggs so that it wouldn't cook them.
I replaced the water with 2 1/4 tbsp Kahlua liquor
and added about a cup of coconut 
and about a half cup of chopped peanuts.

I was able to roll a tablespoon of dough into a ball and then after placing it on the cookie sheet flattened them with my fingers.

I didn't need to grease the cookie sheet.

They came out very yummy and the edges did not burn.

Heavenly Cookies From A Boxed Cake Mix

 This variation uses a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist Vanilla Cake Mix.

Add to this 1/2 to 1 Cup of White Chocolate Chips and the same for the Crushed Peanuts.

You will need to use a Spray Oil on your pan because the White Chocolate Chips will burn and stick to your pans.

Yummy!

Pina Colada Pudding Cake

1 Box White Cake Mix
1/3 C. Dark Rum 
**1 small box Instant Coconut Cream or Vanilla Pudding Mix
 1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
3/4 C. Water
**1 – 2 C. Flaked Coconut depending on flavor of pudding avail.

Instructions: 

Blend all ingredients EXCEPT Coconut.  
Beat 4 minutes at med. Speed.  
Pour into 2 GREASED 9-in. Cake Pans.  
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 min.  DO NOT UNDERBAKE.  
Cool pan for 15 min.  
Remove and place on Rack.  
Frost with favorite Frosting.  
Sprinkle with Coconut.

© Debra K. Allen a.k.a Lady Guinevere


No comments:

Post a Comment