Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hamburger Cabbage And Apple Goulash

Hamburger Cabbage And Apple Goulash



I had fresh hamburger, but was all out of ideas on how to cook it besides just hamburgers.  So I put the question up on my Facebook page and got some great ideas.  I did not use them though and I had thought of something as I was cooking up the hamburger in the skillet.  Well I rummaged through my refrigerator and came up with this dish.  My husband loved it.  He had two large helpings.  There was just enough to put in individual containers for our lunches today.  Here is how I made it:
Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds of fresh Ground Beef or Hamburger
I/2 Head of Large Cabbage, diced
1 Large Onion, diced
1 Large Apple, diced
¼ Bag of Wide Egg Noodles
1 Packet of Mushroom or Brown Gravy Mix made as directed on the packet.


Directions:


Cook about 1 ½ pounds of ground-beef in the skillet.  Drain when half cooked. 
While this is cooking chop up about a half of a head of Cabbage, One large onion and one large apple (any kind you wish).
Add the Onions and the Cabbage 1 ½ cups of water and about ¼ bag of Noodles.  Cook until the noodles are soft. 
Add a packet of Mushroom or Brown Gravy Mix to 1 cup of water and mix well.  Pour over the Beef and Vegetables.  Let that simmer a few minutes so the gravy is a little thickened.

Add the apples turn off the heat and put the lid on it.  Let it stand for about 5 minutes.  You do not want it to stand too long or the apples become mush.

© Debra K. Allen a.k.a Lady Guinevere

No comments:

Post a Comment