Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Perfect Soup For A Cold Winters Day-Cabbage Soup

Perfect Soup For A Cold Winters Day-Cabbage Soup

On a cold winter's day when people are stuck in their homes because of snow what is better than a big bowl of hot soup to warm you up? Once you get this started sit down and dream in the winter about your gardens that you want to have.
There are many soups that qualify for this but the one that I am going to be writing my recipe for is the classically simple Cabbage Potato Soup. A big chunk of Chewy Crunchy Bread would go right nice with this hearty soup.
Now most times I will use a ham bone or ham hock or something similar, but this time I won't. I didn't have that when I made this soup so I improvised with thick slab bacon.
So now that I got your mouth watering for this deliciously simple to make dish here is the recipe.

6 slices of thick bacon cut into 4ths
I small head of Cabbage chopped into bite sized pieces
I large Potato Cut into bite sized pieces
3 Carrots sliced
1 Small Onion cut into small bite sized pieces
Put all into a Crock Pot, Slow Cooker or large pot. Pour in enough water to cover, Cook in Slow Cooker or Crock Pot for 4 hours. Boil on the Stove for 45 - 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Serve in a large bowl with a chunk of the bread that is linked above. While waiting for this deliciously simple soup to get done you can play games with the family. What a cozy way to spend time with the family on a cold winter’s day.



© Debra K. Allen a.k.a Lady Guinevere

No comments:

Post a Comment