Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Variation of the Chicken Salad Wrap Recipe

Bob Evans was selling delicious Chicken Salad wraps during the summer. I don't know if they still do or not now, but I did try to make it like they had theirs. I tried several times and although I came close it didn't taste the same as the one that I had in that Bob Evans. I do know they have recipes floating around on the Internet that copy the recipes from famous restaurants, but I wanted to try to make it on my own.


One of the reasons that I didn't get it to taste the same was I constantly didn't have the right ingredients or I did but not at the same time. I gave up on that after a little while.
I did finally make a recipe that I liked and would like to share it. Oh and by the way, I am not good at dressing up a plate to make the dish look good.

Chicken Salad Recipe to Stuff in a Wrap

2 - 3 Chicken Breasts
1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic (the kind that is in a Jar)
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
Put all above ingredients into a pot and cover with enough water to cover the chicken. Boil on meduim until done--about 1/2 hour or you can simmer them for about an hour until done. It is up to you.
While this is cooking:
Chop 1/2 cup of celery and one small tart apple.
When the chicken is cool enough to handle cut it into small pieces or just pull it apart.
Add the above ingredients and about 3/4 cup of raisins.
Add about 1 cup of Ranch Style Salad Dressing. I have also used about 1/2 cup of the Bacon Ranch Dressing with the regular Ranch Dressing and it tastes very yummy.
Mix all these together and refrigerate to let the ingredients mingle.
To make the wrap:
Put about three heaping Tablespoons of the Salad onto at Large Tortilla. Fold up the bottom and hold the tortilla down on each side of the Salad. Now take the right side and fold over the salad and then the left side over the top like in the picture on the right.

© Debra K. Allen a.k.a Lady Guinevere

No comments:

Post a Comment